Global Opportunities would love to hold a Tentmaking event at your location!
Here is how you can host one:
- You should find a suitable location that can easily accommodate the size group you anticipate. Seminars can be of any size from 20 people or larger. Optimal size for the courses are from 20-30 people.
- You agree to be the local contact leading up to the event. You should have an email address and telephone number.
- You agree to promote the event locally to other churches and like-minded groups in the area.
- If the church or agency has their own webpage, you might suggest they advertise on their site. A bulletin insert is useful.
- You need to find adequate assistants for the event. They may help with registration, serving snacks, providing meals, helping people with directions, finding suitable lodging for those who require an overnight stay.
- You will assure the room setup is adequate and prepared. Room requirements will be coordinated with GO and vary depending on the type of event being held.
- GO will need a table or two for our display & books and a projector screen.
- If GO staff require an overnight stay, you will make the arrangements and cover any expenses.
- Since we offer these courses at cost, we would appreciate the host taking a free will offering at the end of the course and doing this on our behalf. Any suggestions you may have on how we can make this event revenue neutral ie. to cover the expenses of presenter travel, handbook & CD printing cost would be appreciated.
- If you can introduce us to local churches that would like to have a guest speaker around the time of the event, we would welcome the opportunity to share the tentmaking message with them.
GO will help you with:
- Mini-posters, bulletin inserts and powerpoint announcements for the event
- Course advertising on the internet and on our website.
- Recognition of your organization/church on our website.
- Customization of the presentation to the needs of your audience
Click here to contact GO about your interest in hosting an event or for help with your questions.