Training Materials For Tentmakers & Those Interested In Tentmaking
GO Papers deal with a variety of topics essential to effective ministry. Below we offer some of our key papers for those considering tentmaking.
Print off copies of your favorite articles from our website and hand them out or send them electronically to those on your e-mail list. Reprint articles from the GO Website in your non-profit newsletters, magazines etc. No written permission or prior permission is required – Simply include Global Opportunities credit with the article and a link to GO’s website, www.globalopps.org, so people can find further help.
Free Training Materials
- Give Jesus your profession – Dave English
- Guidance – Understanding God’s will – Ruth Siemens
- New Millennium Missions – Catching up with Paul – Dave English
- Why Did Paul Make Tents? – Ruth Siemens
- Paul’s Secret – A First-Century Strategy for a 21st Century World – Dave English
- Tentmaking and the Global Job Market
- The Tentmaker’s Motivation
- The Tentmakers Preparation
- Workplace Evangelism – Fishing Out Seekers (condensed version)
- The Divorced Christian
- Retirees: A Force for Missions!
- Student’s and Graduates: Financing an Education
- The Tentmaker and prayer
- A workable Tentmaker Definition? – A response to Lai’s research – Dave English
- The Tentmaker and inductive Bible study
- Investigative Bible study discussions
- Tentmaking: Antidote to paternalism?
- Why did Paul make tents? (in Japanese – PDF file)
- Workplace Evangelism (in Japanese – PDF file)
Click on the links below to read an article
- Your Journey to the Nations – what those who have gone before you, want you to know (PDF)
- How can you know when you are ready to go abroad as a tentmaker?
- 20 Questions on Tentmaker Readiness
- The Tentmaker and Inductive Bible Study
- Must Christians always tell the truth?
- Why do Christians find evangelism so difficult?
- Why is it so difficult to understand God’s leading?
- Me — memorize Bible passages?
- Bible study – the most effective evangelism!
- Book Review – “How to Avoid the Tentmaker Trap”
International Journal of Frontier Missions – TENTMAKING 1&2
The articles found below are PDF files that you can either read online or download
TENTMAKING I | Volume 14:3, 1997
- Editorial, Hans M. Weerstra,
- Tentmaking State of the Art, Carol Clarke
- The Kumbaran of India, Mission To Unreached Peoples
- The Tentmaker’s Mandate, David J. Price
- The Tentmaking Movement in Historical Perspective, John Cox
- The Tentmaker’s Vision, Berit Helgoy Kloster
- The Vital Role of Tentmaking in Paul’s Mission Strategy, Ruth E. Siemens
- The Place of the Local Church in Tentmaking, Danny D. Martin
- Training: Endurance Food for Serious Tentmakers, Derek Christensen
- Successful Tentmaking Depends on Mission Agencies, Christy Wilson, Jr.
- Mission Perspective of a Tentmaking Agency, David M. Hupp and Danny D. Martin
- Tentmaking in India, E. David Chaldran
TENTMAKING II | Volume 15:1, 1998
- Editorial, Kenneth Smith,
- Tentmaking and Partnership, Phill Butler
- Shrewd yet Innocent: Thoughts on Tentmaking Integrity, Robert Morris
- Business Power for God’s Purpose, Heinz Suter and Marco Gmur
- How Business is Integral to Tentmaking, Dwight Nordstrom and Jim Nielsen
- Teaching, Tents and Telling the Good News, Sabrina Wong
- Strategic Impact Through Multiplying Modular Business, David Hagen
- The Internet:Tentmaker’s Coffeeshop for the Nineties, Doug Lucas
Articles on Tentmaking (online)
- Ministry, profits, and the schizophrenic tentmaker – Steven Rundle
- Kingdom Professionals; An Old Idea In New Wineskins – Gary Ginter
- A Call for Integrity – Michael Roemmele
- Mission, Marketplace and Making Tents – Derek Christensen