In this section you will find:
- GO Equipped! Tentmaking Course schedule of events with links for more information and registration. These are intense 4-day events which cover…
- GO Tentmaking Seminar schedule of events with links for more information and registration. These are shorter introduction to tentmaking sessions which can run from 2 hours to 2 days.
- Speakers Engagements will provide information on scheduled speaking events by our staff on tentmaking topics.
- Host an Event. Instructions on how your church or group can host a GO event – either a Seminar or a full Course.
Do you have a desire to bring the good news about Jesus and his kingdom to new places? Would you like to do this through your profession?
The GO Equipped tentmaking course is designed for student, business people, workers and professionals who wish to reach the nations through their studies and professions. It is also made for anyone who seeks to find out whether tentmaking is something for them. The course has an international focus but it is also very valuable if you plan to work in your home culture.
The GO Equipped tentmaking course has been developed in collaboration between Global Opportunities and Tent and it introduces you to major subjects that are essential for every current or aspiring tentmaker. This includes teaching in areas such as:
- The Biblical basis of tentmaking
- The international job market and how to find a job
- Hospitality and evangelism
- Business as Missions
- How to run a Bible study in your home
- Staying focused and avoiding the expat trap
- Spiritual disciplines and feeding yourself
- Cross-cultural communication and leadership
- Workplace evangelism
- Alpha in the workplace
- Forming a personal, “non-churchy” testimony
- Getting your church on board
- Sending platforms for tentmakers
- Church planting
- Team dynamics
All teaching is done in English.
Click on the program to see a bigger version.
The course will be held at Tent’s headquarters in Bergen, Norway.
How to get there
Book your flight to Bergen Airport (BGO). The airport bus will take you to the end stop at Bryggen (the harbour). Personnel from Tent will pick you up from the hotel. Your flight should arrive no later than 4:30 pm on May 24th. Your return ticket should not be booked earlier than 4 pm on May 28th.
NOK 2980/€ 350 (Students: NOK 2380/€ 290).
If you register before December 31st you will get a NOK 400/€ 40 discount.
Lunch and dinner during the course is included in the price. Tent can organize private accommodation in Bergen for an additional fee of NOK 100/€12 per person per night.
You can register by clicking here or by calling Tent at +47-55 32 66 40.
“Christians in many skills, trades, businesses and professions, can often go to places where traditional church planters and evangelists may not.”
The Lausanne Movement
“I believe one of the next great moves of God is going to be through the believers in the workplace.”
People from more than 50 nations have attended GO Equipped-conferences. They have gone to more than 80 nations to live as ambassadors for Christ.